News & Events‎ > ‎

Part-rent / Part-buy housing scheme

posted 5 Oct 2012, 05:55 by Bexley Mencap   [ updated 5 Oct 2012, 05:57 ]
This scheme enables you to buy a share of a home and pay rent on the part that is owned by a housing association. Over time you can buy extra shares until you own the property outright.  At this point you stop paying rent.  If you can’t work you may be able to buy one of these homes or other shared ownership properties with your benefits through a scheme called Home Ownership for People with Long term Disabilities (HOLD). Find out more about this scheme here.  There are two HOLD Presentations taking place at
  • 2.30 pm, 18th October, Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, London E15 1BX; and 
  • 10.30am, 25th October, 160 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TZ