“Working towards better health for everyone”
People with learning disabilities often have poorer physical and mental health than other people. We believe this doesn’t need to be the case and provide a range of activities to help people to be healthier and more active.
Our groups are inclusive so that anybody with a learning disability can take part. If you like dance, keep fit or running then have a look at our groups page for more information.
Support at Health Appointments
We can support people with a learning disability to have improved access to health care and treatment. We do this by:
- Encouraging and supporting people to make health appointments
- Supporting people at appointments if they have no other support available
- Supporting people at their annual health check
To find out more about health groups please contact us on 020 8303 6336 or email using the button below.
Together We Can
Our fun health group focusses on health eating, managing a healthy diet and keeping fit and active. We help members to make positive changes to their lives to improve their health which includes:
- Healthy eating; sugar, fat, balanced diet and nutrition
- Staying healthy; how to use what we learn in our everyday lives
- Exercise; a variety of taster sessions and exercise activities
- Shopping and understanding food labels
- Where to find other information – website resources and heathy eating/choices links.
- Eat Well Plates and other useful tools